IMAP & POP
|University of Michigan
||IT Central Services
Change notes from versions prior to 0.9.4 can be found on the release's disk image.
1.2.0 (2 May 2005):
- new: promised file drags (drag and drop from remote pane to Finder)
- update: additional FAQ entries
- fix: valid paths for alternative OpenSSH installations
1.1.3 (22 Apr 2005):
- new: support for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- new: support for alternative ssh binary locations (Eric Knauel and Thomas Rasch
- fix: build number stored in Info.plist, not hardcoded.
- fix: corrected handling of * in filenames when parsing server output
1.1.2 (21 Feb 2005):
- new: scp image well accepts drops
- new: scp local path field accepts drops (Mark Fleming)
- new: sftp filetype in info window is obtained via LaunchServices
- new: project upgraded from ProjectBuilder to Xcode native
- fix: sftp properly nul-terminates raw byte strings in download path
- fix: sftp browser re-caches icons if directory is modified
- fix: sftp CLI external editing handles spaces in pathnames
- fix: eliminated crash when uploading an externally edited file and Fugu is hidden
1.1.2rc1 (3 Jan 2005):
- Real local icon display.
- Icon caching improvements.
- Fix for changing filenames truncated with ellipsis.
- Errors display properly when they occur during upload or download.
1.1.1 (13 Dec 2004):
- Added advanced options to Favorites.
- Overwrite behaviour is more consistent.
- Overwrite prompts can be disabled with a hidden default (defaults write edu.umich.fugu TrapezeWithNoNet yes).
1.1.1rc2 (6 Dec 2004):
- Fix for hanging connections.
- Improved ssh version detection.
- Fix for handling raw byte directory names.
- Warning message if we try to run SSH.com's sftp (unsupported).
- Somewhat improved searching for supported external editors.
- Minor improvements to unknown host key parsing.
1.1.1rc1 (30 Nov 2004):
- Much improved handling of unknown character encodings.
- Improved method of locating valid External Editors.
- Support for TextMate as an External Editor.
- Support for vi and emacs as External Editors.
- Fix for date sorting.
- Much cleaner backend code (a continuing effort).
- Experimental spring-loaded folder support.
- Improved update checking.
- Filename abbreviation with ellipsis, like the Finder.
1.1 (24 Oct 2003):
- Fixed a crash caused by corrupted autosaved NSTableViews.
- Fixed endless progress bad spinning when refreshing directories.
- restored local port field to SSH Tunnel window.
- Fix for continuous beeping occuring when transferring files and window
- Sort items by name if size, date, owner, group or permissions are the same.
- Prefs load more reliably.
- International version has localizations in Dutch, Finnish, French, German and Spanish.
- Some toolbar image tweaks.
1.1 beta 2 (26 Sep 2003):
- Clicking on column headers now sorts column contents.
- Added PageSpinner as a supported external editor.
- Added support for OpenSSH 3.7.1p2.
- Significant improvements to the backend.
- Fix for SSH Tunnel window not updating following successful authentication.
- Fix for preference panel disappearing.
1.1 beta (3 Sep 2003 ):
- External Editor support (BBEdit, BBEdit Lite, SubEthaEdit, TextWrangler).
- Image previews.
- Customizable information display in file browsers.
- New toolbar icons.
- Support for OpenSSH 3.6 (transfer progress feedback)
- Revised information panel.
- Added ability to use compression, force SSH1 connections, and take additional ssh command line options.
- Rendezvous support.
- Expanded preferences and new preference panel look.
- Optional ASCII-order or alphabetical file sorting.
- Improved sorting speed.
- Simplified SSH Tunnel interface.
- Support for servers running on Cygwin.
- Support for servers running OpenSSH 2.x.
- Fix: display changes after modifying a remote item's owner, group or mode.
- Improved icon display.
- Fix: tabbing between local and remote browsers now works.
- Fix: nicknames for favorites now stick.
- Fix: moving local files to trash now more reliable.
1.0 (10 Apr 2003):
- Improved type-ahead find, behaving more like the Finder.
- Added ability to rename files and folders.
- Fixed issue in which no files or folders would be displayed when connecting to a VShell server's root directory.
- Fixed a few interface problems; added constraints to the size of the SFTP panes.
- Added nicknames for Favorites in preferences window.
- Improved documentation.
- Slightly improved handling of character encodings.
- If available, use nicknames in Favorites pop-up button.
- Using sheets instead of modal windows when possible.
- Don't quit program when last window is closed.
- Using NSCell subclass instead of NSBrowserCell, which was causing some graphic glitches.
- Improved error reporting when something goes wrong trying to use the keychain.
- If the host to which we're trying to connect doesn't exist, let the user know.
0.9.4 (3 Apr 2003):
- Keychain support.
- Support for connections to Windows machines running VShell.
- German localization by Thomas Fuchs.
- Basic type-ahead find implementation.
- Fix for hang occurring when Fugu encounters filenames containing characters that do not conform to UTF-8. (Recognizing and properly handling all character sets is in progress.)
- Fix for problem in which Fugu would upload a file to the current remote directory instead of the folder on which it was dropped.
- Fix for incorrect permission check box settings.
- Support, in a way, for the ~ shortcut in the Go To sheet when moving to another remote directory. (OpenSSH's sftp client does not expand ~ in paths.)
- Local filenames are displayed using -displayNameAtPath:
- File listings are properly reloaded following a successfuly secure copy.
- Redesigned connection interface, relying less on sheets.
- Only one trash can in toolbar.
- Keyboard shortcuts allowing user to shift focus from one pane to another.
- Increased and improved use of tooltips.
- Removed obsolete Connect toolbar item.